Saturday, August 11, 2007

New Idea- Place-laying

Last year I toyed with a place-laying system with mixed results. They were mixed results profit wise, I think, due to the reason I wasn't betting them properly. By this I mean I came up with the stupid idea of martingaling my bets up to the first three races. If race one came in for me, well, hunky dory, that was me for the day. Obviously if I had to go to races two and (especially) three, liabilities started to rise dramatically as I wanted to cover my losses but also make my x amount for the day. I got caught out a couple of times and it hurt!
Now I've come to realise that if I had played level stakes or percentage betting I probably would have been well in. So what I've decided to do is give it another bash but with a twist.
Using the Massey favourite (and NOT the ratings) reports, I'm going to place-lay 3rd favourites that satisfy certain criteria that come out in the reports. Obviously this is just a trial at the moment and as I may not be around all the time to monitor the betfair prices I will use Masseys Odds Analyser to get my odds for the selections. Obviously if I'm around I will use the real price but will stipulate this in the results.

Right, today has thrown up these races, so the CLEAR 3rd favourite will be place-layed. If its not clear 3rd rated then no bet:

Ascot 15:30
Newmarket 17:05
Ayr 18:20
Ayr 20:50

No comments: